This Was A Nice Thing To See
I was at our town’s library today with my daughter. I haven’t visited a library in quite some time, but when I do go, I usually go to a larger library in a neighboring town. My daughter and I saw something today that we hadn’t seen before outside of our town’s library that was really nice. It was called a Blessing Box. I have seen these kind of boxes before but only for donations and sharing of books. This one is intended for other kinds of donations also. I thought this was very nice and a good idea in a public location where it can be seen and known of by lots of people. The one sketchy thing about it today was that there were a couple of loaves of bread in it. This was very nice of whoever wanted to donate the bread, but it is not a non-perishable item or in a sealed package or can that can’t be tampered with. Also, I would be leery of bread being out in the heat of our south Texas summer. I think the whole idea is a really nice one though especially at this time when so many people in our country are no doubt really struggling because of the inflation and increased prices of everything. My daughter, who is disabled due to a number of mental health issues, found a book for herself, and it even appeared to be a new book. This was really nice. She has always been a very avid and fast reader.
My daughter and I, for the most part, have very different tastes in books as is true for most things. LOL If this blessing box had been around in the past, and maybe even if I knew about it sooner, I could have donated a lot of books to it. This doesn’t of course mean that I can’t still do so. I really like the idea of this donation box that is accessible to anyone who comes to the library. Now, if only it could be refrigerated or at least air conditioned to make it a better place for more heat sensitive items especially at this time of year.

Comments
Post a Comment