Just A Thought And Lost In Thought ๐ฒ
Unfortunately there are probably die hard Trump supporters who won’t think or feel otherwise until he bites them in their own asses. One would hope that those in this category are a low percentage.
I just thought of something. Even if Trump for some God forsaken reason really still has a thirty something percent approval rating, it doesn’t mean that all of that population of poll participants are also individuals who will go out to vote in midterm elections. One would hope that those in the disapproval of Trump population would also take issue with those who support and enable him.
I just had a memory about a comment that was made by a neighbor when I was young. I later on came to agree with her. Ah Mrs. Rosa! She was a good neighbor to have.๐ก๐ธ She is now with the deceased. ๐
Many my age have parents who are both deceased and mine are both still here and neither ever speaks as though they don’t still anticipate having more time still here. The only thing that I heard recently when they were getting ready to adopt a new dog was that they didn’t want to adopt a very young dog because they didn’t want a dog to outlive them. I thought that was a very good and responsible attitude.
My father is also a very good dog dad like my son. That’s funny. That’s something that my son and father have in common. My son’s preference is to only be a dog dad. If that is right for him, I am all for it and I can be just as happy in my life if I am not a grandmother. I’m quite happy with having plenty of time for keeping my own company. I will also always be a granddaughter and I hold the past close to my heart.
Los muertos y los ?? I don’t know the Spanish words for “the living”. Well I have now looked it up and the words are “los vivos”. Los muertos y los vivos!
Ok, I guess that was more than a thought. It was a few.
And now there is another. My son has spent more years living in Texas than prior to living in Texas. That is crazy to think about. I guess I need to ask him if he is a Texan. ๐ And if he is a Texan what does that make me. He can’t be a 100% percent Texan though because he also has a New England childhood. Is there a word or term for a person whose identity is tied to more than one geographical location and culture? I think he is still very much connected with his New England boy origin even though he has spent longer living in Texas. I don’t even know what the Rio Grand Valley culture is. From what I know, it seems like quite a mixing pot. Maybe it’s because we all come from different human families living human lives. In a way this makes us all not so different.
On another note, Texas is a huge state, so Texas certainly has more than one culture and identity. Other parts of Texas have cowboys and in this region we have vaqueros. I live in a blue (except maybe for some older people๐ซข) region of a red state.
Comments
Post a Comment