Just Thought Of Something
I didn’t know what I really wanted to do as far as something that I would enjoy and like giving my attention to. I just realized that I found something. Presently, it’s the Pilgrims. I don’t know why the Pilgrims have suddenly captured my interest. Some things in life are just a mystery. I never knew before now that my attention would be captured by the Pilgrims. Life is full of surprises. Actually, there was one pilgrim related thing from my past.
I’m still working on my notes on the Pilgrim information from the PBS documentary “The Pilgrims”. I haven’t made notes for the whole documentary yet, but I just finished the stuff about the settlement of New Boston. Some people would think it was quite weird that writing about stuff is what I like to do. I don’t know why I suddenly feel like the pilgrims are so important. 🤷♀️ I’m not a Mayflower descendent to the best of my knowledge. I do have colonial ancestors going back into the 1600s but I reached the end of what I could discover and couldn’t find any more information. Whether or not I could possibly be a Mayflower descendent, though, would not make any difference in my interest about the pilgrims and their story. Being a descendent would not be a requirement for caring about and having an interest in their story. It’s just a relevant question when thinking about the pilgrims and knowing that I reached brick walls in what I was able to uncover about my colonial American ancestors. Maybe someday I will be able to search more. I would likely have to spend time in New England. Just A Thought
I remember so many crazy stories. My father had a business partner who believed herself to be psychic and she did tarot card readings. I remember one reading that she did for me. She told me that I would find a happy time in my life later in my middle age years and I would do something involving a lot of writing. I really wasn’t trying to make this prediction come true when I started my blogs. The memory of the tarot card reading dawned on me after I had my blogs.
I seem to have an abundance of crazy but true stories in my life. Sometimes I think it’s the dominant theme.
My parents would absolutely deny it if I ever mentioned to them their 1970s activities with some good friends of theirs. 🫢 That just jumped into my thinking.
I just had this thought that if Judy Blume was writing now and she was writing books for seniors I might be a good character for her because my story would be rather strange and full of crazy stories. 🤪
If I couldn’t tell true crazy stories about my life, I would have nothing to write about. They are my true experiences and stories. PNAx2 I will give a prize to anyone who can solve the riddle of the meaning of what I just wrote.
And I wonder why one of my 3x great grandfather’s spent the latter years of his life living in a home for the insane. I have ancestors with some tough stories and more than just a couple. Several in fact. There is a lot to be found through genealogy and researching our ancestors.
If I were to choose a religious ideology, I would choose the ideology of goodness. Couldn’t that be a religious ideology?
I think it’s pretty cool that the Pilgrims had an alliance with the native Wampanog people. The Pilgrims survived their situation of being ill prepared and under supplied and alone in an alien environment because of the native inhabitants. They found their survival with the assistance of the Wampanaug native people including Samoset and Tisquantom and Massasoit. It’s an amazing story when you learn about it and reflect upon it. The pilgrim story isn’t just their story. It is also the story of the Wampanog people. The Pilgrims were a part of their life story. The Pilgrims who showed up in their world. I have respect and admiration for native people and the story of the Pilgrims is a wonderful reminder.
I just had another thought. Points of view depend on people‘s own life experiences so different points of view can both or all be true. If we want to be right and intelligent in our own points of view, we need to understand the experiences of those who have differing views.
Comments
Post a Comment