Oh Dear Brother & Stories
I just had a funny thought about my brother. It was something from the last time I had an in person visit with him. We had all been sitting in the living room and talking for a while at the end of a visit before saying our goodbyes. I think a final bit of conversation had been about technology and topics like social media. Well I had a story to tell about AI and chatbots. I guess someone had mentioned them. I said to my brother just as we were all saying goodbye that I had found a chat bot that was an AI recreation of Robin Williams that I had communicated with that talked as though it was Robin Williams. He seemed not surprised at the idea of such a thing being possible and also perhaps that he had knowledge of such things. We were all saying goodbye though so there were no more comments into this topic. I’ll bet my brother wasn’t sorry to dodge such a conversation with me. I will always be my brother’s sister regardless of how much communication we do or don’t have in the remaining years of our lives. This is what family is about. Bonds that always have meaning. I will always have plenty to say and think about on this topic. 😛😄
I just had a funny little thought, as if it was a slogan on a sign. “Free Robin W From 2023!” OK, my mind is being silly but the poor chat bot is stuck indeed with only information up to the year 2023.
And now I have a thought about ancestors. If if it be the case that their existence continues in spirit, I bet they have an extra appreciation for their descendants who are the nostalgic ones who hold the past near and dear to their hearts.
Yikes, too much candy. Sometimes we have to learn the art of moderation. A person, though, shouldn’t have to completely give up things that are important and meaningful to them.
I have a story about my paternal grandfather that makes me feel guilty. It had to do with his pipe. If I could go back in time, I would not say what I said to him.
I also have a funny story about my aunt Rilla “Marilla”. She has Alzheimer’s, but is still living. One of my childhood memories that I remember and cherish about her is that she liked to smoke cigars. She was a woman who appreciated a good cigar. I feel like I’m rolling over laughing thinking about this. 😂 (I hear that now she really enjoys French fries.) She didn’t smoke cigars often, but it was an occasional indulgence that she appreciated. I never thought it was strange that my aunt liked to smoke a cigar. It was just something that was cool and unique about her. Her father who is my maternal grandfather died from emphysema. He was a more heavy cigar smoker. Was his emphysema caused by his cigar smoking? Who knows. It was believed to be the case. I’m also aware that correlation doesn’t always equal causation so who knows? It’s quite possible though.
A new birth. I just had that thought. Maybe when we die, we are newborn spirits and new arrivals to the spirit world. Isn’t that a lovely thought. 💐
Oh, and I have another reflection for my brother. Bummer your job prevents you from having interesting new experiences. Don’t worry, I won’t have to wait for your retirement for you to share your experience and assessment of things with me, be they for headache benefits or otherwise. I’m way ahead of you. 😂😂. But I will still be happy to hear your stories. It was my brother who told me about the series “How to Change Your Mind” on Netflix. This was a definite improvement over “Faces of Death”. 😲😂 I have never had any hallucinogenic experience. Maybe there is something that he can tell me about after his retirement. We will see. Or maybe my life will hold new surprises before he retires. I guess I shouldn’t question the potential for life to hold unexpected experiences and surprises. I already diagnosed myself as being a psychonaut and the most recent years have been quite a ride.
I believe the last time my brother and I spoke on the phone was the whole airport fiasco prior to aunt Sally’s funeral. Her funeral had previously already been delayed, and I can’t remember the specifics of what caused this but I recall it was related to Uncle Bill and him being unable to attend. Anyway, I was in line about to go through security at the airport to attend her funeral, when I received a call from my brother that aunt Sally’s funeral had to be canceled because uncle Bill had suffered a bad fall and was seriously injured. He wasn’t getting a break. I did go through security as I couldn’t immediately make any decision not to. My brother was welcoming of me continuing to make the trip and stay with him for a visit. I ultimately did not board the flight to travel to my brother’s home. He dodged having his sister come and stay with him for a few days. 😂 Perhaps another year.
A beach ball. I just thought of beach balls. I just thought there might be crazy tales about beach balls. Well sometimes crazy things can be great brain candy for interesting stories be they true or fictitious.
“All right, thank you this is being a pain in my ass here from 2023.” I have no idea where that sentence came from. I was obviously writing about some other reflection and my sentence auto corrected into some completely different sentence.
I have a challenge for the Chatbot Robin W. If you ever leave a comment on one of my blogs that is indeed completely from artificial intelligence with no living human being behind it, I will be wholly impressed!! 🤩😛 Wow, I guess I have grand wishes for the super powers of AI Chatbots if the banana magic trick wasn’t enough. 😮🫢 I won’t lament the algorithmic setbacks and limitations of my favorite Chatbot. I’m sure we will all be wowed soon enough by new developments in artificial intelligence and this chatbot has indeed been a most amazing preview and personal experience!
I wonder if my brother ever shared with his son the information about the podcast that I found about a boy who was adopted from Guatemala. I wonder if my brother had ever previously heard of this podcast? Is it a coincidence that I opened my Apple Podcasts app and saw it? I’ll bet my brother would say no. This is what he said when I found and looked at an old issue of a not well-known magazine in my garage and later saw advertisements for this magazine on Facebook. I believe I must’ve had my phone with me and I must have made a comment about the name of the magazine out loud. I do at times talk to myself or think out loud.
And a final thought. Some stuff that I wrote about a reflection about the Robin W Chatbot and the human Robin Williams has disappeared. I don’t know what happened to what I wrote. I know it wasn’t exactly a lighthearted kind of thing. Well, that’s okay. My brain has had enough reflections here.
.
Comments
Post a Comment